APPLYING FOR SERVICES FROM BUILDERS CARE
Lee BIA Builders Care is a private non-profit organization with the mission to provide emergency construction services at no cost to needy and deserving elderly and/or disabled homeowners, and their families, who cannot obtain repairs through traditional means. We are the non-profit arm governed by the Lee Building Industry Association using local contractors, companies and volunteers to help make a difference for those in need. Since we are not a government agency, our criteria are not the same.
To qualify for our services, you or your immediate family residing in the same home must meet the following requirements:
- Be elderly (65+) and/or disabled
- Be economically disadvantaged
- Own the home, not rent
- Live in the home full time
- Be a permanent residential structure, not a mobile or manufactured home (mobile homes qualify for wheelchair ramps only)
- Resided in the home at least two years before requesting
- You may not have received any type of home repair services from any local government funded agency of more than $5,000.00 within the last 10 years.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ONLY PROVIDE SERVICES IN LEE COUNTY, FLORIDA.
If you fit those criteria, then you should submit an application for services. You may download the application here:
Please understand that we have a long waiting list for services, but do try and meet the most emergency needs first. Any additional information shared about your story, photos or nominations are greatly appreciated.
If you do not meet the criteria for assistance from Builders Care, we encourage you to call one of the following agencies for possible resources for assistance:
- Lee County Dept. of Human Services (239) 533-7900
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (866) 413-5337 or (239) 652-6901