Intern Job Description: Marketing and Communications Intern
Builders Care is the non-profit arm of the Lee Building Industry Association and our mission is to provide emergency construction services at no cost to needy and deserving elderly and disabled homeowners who cannot obtain repairs through traditional means.The purpose of Builders Care is to promote safe and healthy housing for seniors and individuals with disabilities. Our recipients are primarily elderly and homeowners with disabilities who are in financial need and are living with housing conditions that pose a safety or health threat. www.LeeBuildersCare.com
Position Description: Builders Care seeks an energetic, creative, self-starter to assist in its marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of public relations and communications while working within one of largest industries locally, building and real estate, and working within a non-profit with a core focus on public relations and communications.
- Update and maintain social media presence
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly Newsletter
- Draft news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Assist with blog content, entries and writing
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications
- Some creative writing skills
- Effective communicator, both written and oral
- Editing and proofreading
- Some knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to work professionally with constituents, volunteers and clients
- Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft Office and other graphic design software a plus
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for our mission and individuals and families we serve
Start Date: Position is open until filled, requires 3-6 month commitment
Hours: 8-12/ week, preferably twice a week in the office. Up to 4 hours can be completed at home.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship with a stipend of up to $300 offered at the end of the internship based on performance.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to BuildersCare@bia.net