APPLYING FOR SERVICES FROM BUILDERS CARE
The mission of Builders Care is to provide emergency construction services at no cost to needy and deserving elderly and disabled homeowners who cannot obtain repairs through traditional means.
We are a private, non-profit organization hosted by the Lee Building Industry Association using local companies and volunteers to help make a difference for local people in need. Since we are not a government agency, our criteria are not the same.
To qualify for our services you must meet all of the following requirements:
1) Someone in your household must be elderly and/or receive disability income.
2) The applicant must own the home (not rent) and have lived there at least 2 years.
3) The applicant must live in the home full time.
4) You may not have received home repair services from any local government funded agency of more than $5,000 within the last 10 years.
5) The home must be a permanent structure, not a mobile or manufactured home. **The only services we provide for mobile/manufactured homes are wheelchair ramps
If you fit those criteria, then you should submit an application for services. You may download the application here:
Please understand that we have a long waiting list for services, but do try and meet the most emergency needs first. Any additional information shared about your story, photos or nominations are greatly appreciated.
If you do not meet the criteria for assistance from Builders Care, we encourage you to call one of the following agencies for possible resources for assistance:
- Lee County Dept. of Human Services 239.533.7900
- Aging and Disability Resource Center 1.866.413.5337 or 239.652.6901